29 December 2011

the after-christmas post

I feel like I've just woken up from a weeks worth of butter-and-sugar-induced hibernation. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and is recovering from their own sugar-crashed states. Here is what I have been up to lately: 








Christmas shopping at the Gateway...
I love walking into the Union Pacific building 
and marveling at the height of the ceiling, 
and the echos of the black-and-white tiled floor.
Roasting chestnuts on Christmas night. 
Katenzunger edelbitter-schokolade...literally "cat's tongue chocolates!"
Christmas recovery in the form of questionable fiction for cold winter nights,
and treating myself to lunch at the Copper Onion. 
House-cured pickles to start. Brilliant. 
Scandinavian Christmas crafts...clove-scented oranges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...