20 April 2011

how the green buds blossom in the avenues; also, a lazy darjeeling tea time

This is what I awoke to yesterday morning outside my window on 5th Avenue:
 Real honest-to-gosh leaf blossoms on my real life tree. I spent the morning doing laundry and listening to Billie Holiday croon gently on as the rain fell and flooded the gutters. I knew it was going to be a good day. 



 It was. I went to my favorite lazy day haunt, The Beehive Tearoom where I had cranberry maple almond scones (must replicate!) and Darjeeling tea. (A London favorite of mine and Miss Rikki's)





A snowstorm of white and pink blossoms. 

Later, I went to Sugarhouse to visit my sister and was amazed at how the cherry blossoms and flowers literally appeared to have bloomed overnight. It was a beautiful, overcast day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...